Alumni Association 4th Year Award
The School of Medicine Alumni Board presents a plaque along with a $1000 award, to a graduating fourth-year medical student who has, in the opinion of his/her classmates, professors, and the community demonstrated the combination of academic achievement, leadership ability, and community involvement, that will make an exemplary physician. This award is presented at The Dean’s Reception in May.
The final candidate is selected by the SOM Alumni Association Student Programs & Executive Committee.
If a fourth-year medical student is interested in nominating a classmate please provide the following.
- Name of fourth-year award candidate
- Please give specific examples of this individual’s leadership and compassion both in medical school and in the community.
- Has excelled academically - Quotes from peers or professors are helpful
- Give specifics on class activity and engagement with peers and professors.
- Participates in a meaningful way through community service. Provide examples or anecdotal information about community service projects they have participated in.
- Attends to the needs of colleagues, both professionally and on a personal level. – Give specifics on activities in support of his colleagues.
- Genuine in their care for friends & family. Please provide examples.
- Summary paragraph
Deadline March 15, 2018