Presentations & Booths
Transitioning into Practice Agenda
Tuesday, May 8, 2018, 5:15 p.m.-8:30 p.m.
Auditorium-Health Sciences Education Building-U of U Health Sciences Campus
Welcome, Kristin Anderson, Executive Director, School of Medicine Alumni Relations
Physician Employment Contracts, Jim Haisley, J.D., Associate General Counsel, University of Utah
The Search and Interview-Keys to Success, David Anisman, MD, Assoc. Medical Director, U of U Healthcare, Community Clinics
6:30-7:00 p.m. Dinner Break/Visit sponsor tables
Financial Management for Physicians, Howard Weeks, MD, Associate Chief Medical Information Officer, U of U Health Science.
Debt Forgiveness and Loan Repayment Opportunities (45 minutes)
Julie Fresne, Director, Student Financial Services, American Association of Medical Colleges
Information and Resource Booths
- University of Utah Medical Group—Recruiting
- MICA—Physician Liability Insurance—Medical Professional Liability
- AAMC—Debt Repayment, Financial Planning
- Utah Medical Association—Association and Membership Information
- Northwestern Mutual— Disability Insurance
COMPLETE THE 2018 SURVEY
The following resources were referenced by the presenters in the 2017 Transitioning into Practice. The School of Medicine is not endorsing the resources but providing them as links suggested by the presenters.
- Debt Repayment - AAMC
- How to Ace the Interview Article AAP
- Interview Questions
- Interview Scorecard
- Motley Fool
- Utah Medical Association Financial Services (UMAFS) during residency and medical school.
- GME Wellness Program and Resources
- The Stethoscope - newsletter for residents from MICA
- Book - Smart Women Finish Rich - David Bach
- Book -The Motley Fool:"You Have More than You Think"
- Book -The Motley Fool's Money After 40: Building Wealth for a Better Life" - David Gardner
- Book - A Random Walk Down Wall Street - Burton Malkiel
Transitioning Into Practice is made possible by the collaborative and financial support of: