Biomedical Informatics PhD & MS
FHIR Informatics Practicum
Applied informatics is rapidly becoming an essential component of informatics education along with the need for informaticians in Health IT. Current standards like FHIR allow the integration of externally developed clinical application to already implemented Electronic Medical Record. These standards are rapidly growing in its importance as a foundational technology in the evolution of the Health IT ecosystem.
The goal of this practicum is to integrate and apply the classroom knowledge into a specific project where students will work in teams to develop a fully interoperable clinical application
- Viet Nguyen
- Damian Borbolla
- TA: Jacob Crump
By the end of this practicum, you will be able to:
- Act as a contributing member of an Interprofessional Collaborative team.
- Use system prototyping tools to design the application’s User Interface applying design principles and user engagement strategies.
- Gather and document functional requirements that include system architecture.
- Develop a clinical application that has standard integration capabilities, follows healthcare IT security protocols, and integrates decision support technology.
- Explain the regulatory, intellectual property and commercialization concerns related to clinical software development.
- Demonstrate oral presentation skills by presenting the team final work.