Why we love the University of Utah Department of Biomedical Informatics!
Students agree that there are unique aspects of the program that cannot be matched anywhere else. There are resources available for every student.
Types of opportunites that students enjoy about the program:
- Federally funded individual investigator and center grants
- Industry within blocks of the University
- 24 primary and 50 adjunct faculty who are international leaders in their areas
- Special interest groups for students, faculty, and industry partners with similar interests
- Curriculum built on data science core, informatics application area, foundational methods and electives specializing in 8 research tracks
- Application to build a FHIR-enabled app to interoperable across EHRs
- Work on a clinical research team applying NLP to clinical text
- Design and evaluate dashboards for clinical applications, such as the surgical referral dashboard, diabetic medication management tool, or bilirubin dashboard
- Work on a project with one of our Industry Advisory Board partners