There are several ways for students to gain industrial experience:
- Internships. Internships are negotiated between the student and the industrial partner. Internships are expected to occur during the Summer semester. Industrial partners may recruit students via the Industrial Partners Forum or externally.
- Industrial Contracts. Industrial contracts take place between a faculty member and an industrial partner and may involve a student to deliver a portion of the statement of work.
- Scholarship/Assistantships. The department is pleased to offer scholarships and assistantships from our industrial partners.
- Industrial Practicum Experience. Industrial experience may be gained from a practicum at an industrial partner sites. A practicum may replace a journal club for course requirements. Practicums are graded as pass/fail. For more information please visit the curriculum.
We will post notices for summer internships as we are made aware of them. Please contact Sandi Cameron-Green if you would like us to list your internship.
- Data Science Summer Internship @ Verisk Health
- Natural Language Processing Internship in Cancer Research are offered yearly
- 3M offers yearly summer internships, deadline is in January. Check back soon
- Biomedical statistics and informatics
- Bioinformatics/genomics/proteomics internship list for 2016 collated by Rochester Institute of Technology
- Marshfield clinic
Please contact Sandi Cameron-Greene if you would like to advertise your scholarship. View available scholarships. Link to scholarships index page.