Natural Language Processing
The NLP Service provides education and NLP consultation services to the University of Utah community as well as nationally in order to improve the application of NLP to clinical and health-related problems. They provide three types of services:
1) Formal and informal education about clinical NLP - a journal club focused on NLP, an online course on information extraction, a data science summer school covering NLP, tutorials and lectures about NLP, and one-on-one consultation.
2) Self-serve access to NLP tools and data for development and research - hosting of websites to assist people in finding NLP tools for particular tasks (NLPToolFinder) and a collaborative environment attracting participation of a significant number of clinical NLP developers and researchers (NLP Ecosystem).
3) Contracted services for specific research and operational projects - consultation and contracting to collaborate on projects to automatically classify text, create summaries, and extract information. Our collaborative projects support both research and operations alike.
What can NLP do for you?
- Extract information from clinical text, such as symptoms or procedures
- Summarize information in a clinical report.
- Identify topics in Twitter feeds.
- Classify patient comments as positive or negative
See our NLP projects page for more!