Marta J. Petersen, M.D.
Vice-Chair and Professor of Dermatology
Assistant Residency Program Director
- B.A., 1975, University of Minnesota
- M.D., Alpha Omega Alpha, 1979, University of Utah
- Internship in Internal Medicine, 1979-1980, University of Rochester
- Residency in Internal Medicine, 1980-1982, University of Utah
- Residency in Dermatology, 1984-1987, University of North Carolina
- Board Certification in Dermatology and Internal Medicine
Clinical and Research Interests
- Clinical interests include complex medical dermatology cases, including connective tissue disorders, blistering diseases, vasculitis and diagnosis and treatment of leg ulcers.
- I also direct the Telemedicine Outreach Program at the University of Utah, providing clinical and educational services to a network of rural hospitals and clinics throughout the state.
- Robson KJ, Maughan JA, Purcell SD, Petersen MJ, Haefner HK, Lowe L. Erosive papulonodular dermatosis associated with topical benzocaine: a report of two cases and evidence that granuloma gluteale, pseudoverrucous papules, and Jacquet's erosive dermatitis are a disease spectrum. J Am Acad Dermatol, 2006; 55(5 Suppl), S74-80.
- Korver GE, Ronald H, Petersen MJ. An intertrigo-like eruption from peylated liposomal doxorubicin. J Drugs Dermatol, 2006; 5(9), 901-2.
- Liu CM, Hata TR, Swinyer L, Petersen MJ. Relapsing polychondritis. Int J Dermatol, 2003; 42(9), 707-8.
- Tristani-Kirouzi P, Petersen MJ, Saffle JR, Morris SE, Zone JJ. Treatment of toxic epidermal necrolysis with intravenous immunoglobulin in children. J Am Acad Dermatol, 2002; 47(4), 548-52.
- Petersen MJ, LaMarche, D. Telemedicine: Evolving technology in an e-health care world. Manag Care Q 2000; 8:15-21
- Krueger GG, Jorgensen CM, Matsunami N, Morgan JR Liimatta A, Meloni-Ehrig A, Shepard R, Petersen MJ. Persistent transgene expression and normal differentiation of immortalized human keratinocytes in vivo. J Invest Dermatol 1999;112:233-239
- Zone JJ, Taylor TB, Meyer LJ, Petersen MJ. The 97-kDa linear IgA bullous disease antigen is identical to a portion of the extracellular domain of the 180-kDa bullous pemphigoid antigen, BPAg2. J Invest Dermatol 1998;110:207-210
- Zone JJ, Meyer LJ, Petersen MJ. Deposition of granular IgA relative to clinical lesions in dermatitis herpetiformis. Arch Dermatol 1996;132:912-918
- Petersen MJ, Kaplan J, Jorgensen C, Schmidt L, Li L, Morgan J, Krueger GG. Sustained production of human transferrin by transduced fibroblasts implanted into athymic mice: a model for somatic gene therapy. J Invest Dermatol 1995;104:171-176
- Kasteler JS, Petersen MJ, Vance JE, Zone JJ. Circulating activated T lymphocytes in autoeczematization. Arch Dermatol 1992;128:795-798
- Petersen MJ, Hansen C, Craig S. Ultraviolet A irradiation stimulates collagenase production in cultured human fibroblasts. J Invest Dermatol 1992;99:440-444
- Petersen MJ, Woodley DT, Stricklin GP, O'Keefe EJ. Constitutive production of procollagenase and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases by human keratinocytes in culture. J Invest Dermatol 1989;92:156-159
- Petersen MJ, Woodley DT, Stricklin GP, O'Keefe EJ. Production of procollagenase by cultured human keratinocytes. J Biol Chem 1987;262:835-840
- Petersen MJ, Zone JJ, Krueger GG. Development of an acne model using human face skin grafted onto the nude mouse. J Clin Invest 1984;74:1358-1365
Dr. Marta Petersen's Complete CV