Sheryll L. Vanderhooft, M.D.
Professor of Dermatology,
Adjunct Professor of Pediatrics
- B.A., 1984, Stanford University
- M.D., Alpha Omega Alpha, 1988, University of Utah
- Residency in Internal Medicine, 1988-1990, University of Washington
- Residency in Dermatology, 1990-1993, University of Washington
- Fellowship in Pediatric Dermatology, 1993-1994, Children's Hospital and Medical Center, Seattle
- Board Certification in Dermatology
- Board Certification in Pediatric Dermatology
Clinical and Research Interests
- Pediatric Dermatology: providing medical and surgical care for infants, children, and adolescents with skin disorders. These include common problems such as eczema, acne, and warts, as well as unusual and complex diseases, including genetic skin disorders. Management of various birthmarks is a special interest, particularly laser treatment of port wine stains and medical treatment of complex hemangiomas.
- Vanderhooft SL, Stephan MJ, Sybert VP. Severe skin erosions and scalp infections in AEC syndrome. Pediatr Dermatol 1993;10:334-340
- Vanderhooft SL, Francis JS, Holbrook KA, Dale BA, Fleckman P. Familial pityriasis rubra pilaris. Arch Dermatol 1995;131:448-453
- Vanderhooft SL, Francis JS, Pagon RA, Smith LT, Sybert VP. Prevalence of hypopigmented macules in a normal population. J Pediatrics 1996;129:355-361
- Egan CA, Bradley RR, Logsdon VK, Summers BK, Hunter GR, Vanderhooft SL. Vulvar melanoma in childhood. Arch Dermatol 1997;133:345-348
- Vanderhooft SL. Is the rash a drug reaction? Contemporary Pediatrics 1998;15:118-137
- Vanderhooft SL, Doidge WW, Maughan T. Flashlamp-pumped pulsed dye laser treatment of vascular birthmarks. Assoc Oper Room Nurses J 1998;67:1214-1223
- Vanderhooft SL, Vanderhooft JE. Pincer nail deformity after Kawasaki ’s disease. J Am Acad Dermatol 1999;41:341-2.
- Meadows KP, Egan CA, Vanderhooft S. Acute generalized exanthematous pustulosis (AGEP), an uncommong condition in children: case report and review of the literature. Pediatr Dermatol 2000;17:399-402.
- Egan CA, Meadows KP, Van Orman CB, Vanderhooft SL. Neurologic variant of epidermal nevus syndrome with a facial lipoma. Int J Dermatol 2001;40:189-90.
- Tristani-Firouzi P, Meadows KP, Vanderhooft SL. Pigmented purpuric eruptions of childhood: a series of cases and review of literature. Pediatr Dermatol 2001;18:299-304.
- Herron MD, Coffin CM, Vanderhooft SL. Tufted angiomas: variability of the clinical morphology. Pediatr Dermatol 2002;19:394-401.
- Herron MD, Vanderhooft SL, Smock K, Zhou H, Leachman SA, Coffin C. Proliferative nodules in congenital melanocytic nevi: a clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical analysis. Am J Surg Pathol 2004;28:1017-1025.
- Herron MD, Coffin CM, Vanderhooft SL. Vascular stains and hair collar sign associated with congenital anomalies of the scalp. Pediatr Dermatol 2005:22;200-205.
- Herron MD, Bohnsack JF, Vanderhooft SL. Septic, CD-30 positive febrile ulceronecrotic pityriasis lichenoides et varioliformis acuta. Pediatr Dermatol 2005:22:360-365.
- Herron MD, O’Reilly MA, Vanderhooft SL. Refractory demodex folliculitis in five children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Pediatr Dermatol 2005:22:407-411.
- Herron MD, Coffin CM, Vanderhooft SL. Sweet syndrome in two children. Pediatr Dermatol 2005;22:525-529.
- Panko J, Florell SR, Hadley J, Zone JJ, Leiferman KM, Vanderhooft SL. Neonatal pemphigus in an infant born to a mother with serologic evidence of both pemphigus vulgaris and gestational pemphigoid. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2009; 60(6), 1057-62.