Public Health Global Public Health
Join a program that has 8 years of excellence promoting and ensuring community-engaged experiential learning to bring education, research, and service together. Students will co-create solutions with the communities to tackle social determinants of health; explore and experience the social justice orientation of public health; and promote global citizenship.
Participation in the India Practicum with registration for six credits of PBHLT 6960 will fulfill the MPH practicum requirements of a minimum of 270 hours spent participating in hands-on public health initiatives.
Dates: May 25 – June 25, 2018
Faculty: Dr. TP Singh and Steve Urquhart, Global Ambassador, University of Utah and Former Utah State Legislator
Site: 9 villages in Punjab, India
Excursions: Chandigarh, Golden Temple, Amritsar, McCleod Ganj (Dalai Lama’s headquarters), Kasauli, Taj Mahal, Agra and New Delhi
- Assessment of solid waste management practices
- Legal literacy and empowerment
- Health literacy
- Adolescent girls – menstrual hygiene management
- Nutrition and WaSH
- Tuition $4400 (6 credits)
- Trip Expense approximately $2200 (includes housing, transportation, 2 meals/day, visa, insurance, and excursions)
- Airfare, dinner, and incidentals not included in tuition and trip expenses
Please complete the following steps to confirm a spot for the India Practicum course by March 26th:
- Email Dr. Singh (firstname.lastname@example.org) and cc Jill Stephenson (email@example.com) of intended interest as soon as possible
- Pay $500 non-refundable deposit
- Register for course (PBHLT 6960-320 6 credits) by March 26th. You will need a permission code for registration. This will be issued when you email Dr. Singh and Jill with your interest.
- Send Visa information
- Scan copy of passport, address, phone number, last school graduated from, and duration of stay in India (31 days)
The Division of Public Health requires a $500 non-refundable fee to hold your spot. This fee will go towards your tuition once you have registered for classes. You can pay with credit card by clicking on the button below.
For more information, please contact Dr. T.P. Singh