Cherie P. Brunker, MD
- Computers in Medicine
- Medication Systems
- Departments: Internal Medicine - Associate Professor (Clinical)
- Divisions: Geriatrics
Academic Office Information
8th Avenue & C Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84143
Dr. Brunker grew up in Salt Lake City and was a Presidential Scholar and member of Phi Betta Kappa at the University of Utah where she graduated Magna Cum Laude in Chemistry. Following her fellowship in Geriatrics, she joined the University of Utah Division of Geriatrics in 1993 as an instructor in medicine, and became an Associate Professor of Medicine in 2010. She is part of the fulltime faculty at Intermountain Healthcare where she has been Chief of Geriatrics since 2003. Dr. Brunker is a member of the Center of Aging and the Hartford Center of Geriatric Nursing Excellence. Dr. Brunker's research interests include care management, medical home, quality measures and healthcare delivery for older adults.
|Fellowship||University of Utah School of Medicine
|Internship||Deaconess Medical Center-Spokane
|Professional Medical||University of Utah Hospital School of Medicine
|Undergraduate||University of Utah
- Atreja A, Buck M, Jain A, Brunker C, Suh TT, Harris CM, Palmer R, Wilcox A (2009). Drug-age alerting for outpatient geriatric prescriptions: a joint study using interoperable standards. AMIA Annu Symp Proc, 2005:886. Proc AMIA Symp, 886.
- Wilcox AB, Dorr DA, Burns L, Jones S, Poll J, Brunker C (2009). Physician Perspectives of Nurse Care Management Located in Primary Care Clinics. Care Manag J, 8(2), 58-63.
- Weir C, McLeskey N, Brunker C, Brooks D, Supiano MA (2009). Keys to successful implementation of a QI-based, geriatric education intervention for primary care [Abstract]. J Am Geriatr Soc, 57(4), 56-7.
- Brunker CP, Dorr DA, Czerniak S, Olsen GS (2009). The Role of Technology in Improving the Health of Older Adults(poster presentation) American Geriatrics Society, Chicago, IL [Abstract]. J Am Geriatri Soc, 57(4), S148.
- Brunker CP, Widmier L, Burdon R, Door DA, Butterworth S (2009). Curriculum for Care Managers: Expanding Skill Sets (poster presentation), American Geriatrics Society, Chicago, IL [Abstract]. J Am Geriatr Soc, 57(4), S132.