Steven C. Hunt, PhD
- Departments: Internal Medicine - Adjunct Professor
- Divisions: Cardiovascular Genetics
Academic Office Information
Cardiovascular Genetics Division
420 Chipeta Way, Room: 1160
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
My focus is on finding genes for common cardiovascular disease, with particular emphasis on hypertension and obesity. I also study the genetics of lipids, diabetes, heart disease, and the risk factors associated with these diseases. We study large case/control, large pedigree, and longitudinal cohort databases of subjects examined over the last 28 years in Utah and at collaborating universities across the country.
|Doctoral Training||University of Utah
|Undergraduate||University of Utah
- Long-term mortality after gastric bypass surgery.Adams TD, Gress RE, Smith SC, Halverson RC, Simper SC, Rosamond WD, Lamonte MJ, Stroup AM, Hunt SC (2007). Long-term mortality after gastric bypass surgery. N Engl J Med, 357(8), 753-61.
- Genome scan of glomerular filtration rate and albuminuria: the HyperGEN study.Leon JM, Freedman BI, Miller MB, North KE, Hunt SC, Eckfeldt JH, Lewis CE, Kraja AT, Djousse L, Arnett DK (2007). Genome scan of glomerular filtration rate and albuminuria: the HyperGEN study. Nephrol Dial Transplant, 22(3), 763-71.
- Multiple genes for essential-hypertension susceptibility on chromosome 1q.Chang YP, Liu X, Kim JD, Ikeda MA, Layton MR, Weder AB, Cooper RS, Kardia SL, Rao DC, Hunt SC, Luke A, Boerwinkle E, Chakravarti A (2007). Multiple genes for essential-hypertension susceptibility on chromosome 1q. Am J Hum Genet, 80(2), 253-64.
- Association of coronary artery calcified plaque with clinical coronary heart disease in the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute's Family Heart Study.Hopkins PN, Ellison RC, Province MA, Pankow JS, Carr JJ, Arnett DK, Lewis CE, Heiss G, Hunt SC (2006). Association of coronary artery calcified plaque with clinical coronary heart disease in the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute's Family Heart Study. Am J Cardiol, 97(11), 1564-9.
- TBC1D1 is a candidate for a severe obesity gene and evidence for a gene/gene interaction in obesity predisposition.Stone S, Abkevich V, Russell DL, Riley R, Timms K, Tran T, Trem D, Frank D, Jammulapati S, Neff CD, Iliev D, Gress R, He G, Frech GC, Adams TD, Skolnick MH, Lanchbury JS, Gutin A, Hunt SC, Shattuck D (2006). TBC1D1 is a candidate for a severe obesity gene and evidence for a gene/gene interaction in obesity predisposition. Hum Mol Genet, 15(18), 2709-20.