Michelle T. Mueller, MD
- Departments: Surgery - Associate Professor (Clinical)
- Divisions: Vascular Surgery
- American Board of Surgery (Sub: General Surgery)
- American Board of Surgery (Sub: General Vascular Surgery)
Michelle Mueller, M.D. has been a member of the Division of Vascular Surgery since 2003, when she became a Vascular Surgery fellow. She became a full time faculty member in 2004. Dr. Mueller received her medical degree from the University of Colorado, then completed her General Surgery residency at the University of Utah. After completing her fellowship in Vascular Surgery, she participated in the master’s program in Clinical Research in 2007. Dr. Mueller’s practice is based at the Veterans Hospital in Salt Lake City where she serves as Chief of Surgery. Her research interests are imaging for vascular disease and peripheral arterial disease outcomes. Dr. Mueller is known for her role in surgical education. She has been concentrating on surgical simulation training and serves as the Vascular Surgery Fellowship Program Director.
|Graduate Training||University of Utah, K30 Training Program
|Fellowship||University of Utah School of Medicine
|Residency||University of Utah School of Medicine
|Internship||University of Utah School of Medicine
|Professional Medical||University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
|Undergraduate||University of Colorado - Boulder
Molecular & Cell Biology
- Gifford JR, Ives SJ, Park SY, Andtbacka RH, Hyngstrom JR, Mueller MT, Treiman GS, Ward C, Trinity JD, Richardson RS (2014). alpha1- and alpha2-adrenergic responsiveness in human skeletal muscle feed arteries: the role of TRPV ion channels in heat-induced sympatholysis. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol, 307(9), H1288-97.
- Shelgikar C, Mohebali J, Sarfati MR, Mueller MT, Kinikini DV, Kraiss LW (2010). A design modification to minimize tilting of an inferior vena cava filter does not deliver a clinical benefit. J Vasc Surg, 52(4), 920-4.