Lori Kowaleski-Jones, PhD
- Departments: Family and Consumer Studies - Associate Professor
- Cancer Center Programs: Affiliate, non-programmatically aligned
Academic Office Information
University of Utah
Salt Lake City, UT
|Postdoctoral Training||Northwestern University
With Greg J. Duncan
|Doctoral Training||Ohio State University
|Graduate Training||Bowling Green State University
|Undergraduate||Kent State University
- Brown BB, Smith KR, Hanson H, Fan JX, Kowaleski-Jones L, Zick CD (2013). Neighborhood design for walking and biking: physical activity and body mass index. Am J Prev Med, 44(3), 231-8.
- Zick CD, Hanson H, Fan JX, Smith KR, Kowaleski-Jones L, Brown BB, Yamada I (2013). Re-visiting the relationship between neighbourhood environment and BMI: an instrumental variables approach to correcting for residential selection bias. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act, 10, 27.
- Fan JX, Brown BB, Hanson H, Kowaleski-Jones L, Smith KR, Zick CD (2013). Moderate to vigorous physical activity and weight outcomes: does every minute count? Am J Health Promot, 28(1), 41-9.
- Kowaleski-Jones L, Wen M (2013). Community and child energy balance: differential associations between neighborhood environment and overweight risk by gender. Int J Environ Health Res, 23(5), 434-45.
- Zick CD, Smith KR, Kowaleski-Jones L, Uno C, Merrill BJ (2013). Harvesting more than vegetables: the potential weight control benefits of community gardening. Am J Public Health, 103(6), 1110-5.
- Fan JX, Kowaleski-Jones L, Wen M (2013). Walking or dancing: patterns of physical activity by cross-sectional age among U.S. women. J Aging Health, 25(7), 1182-203.
- Wen M, Kowaleski-Jones L, Fan JX (2013). Ethnic-immigrant disparities in total and abdominal obesity in the US. Am J Health Behav, 37(6), 807-18.
- Yamada I, Brown BB, Smith KR, Zick CD, Kowaleski-Jones L, Fan JX (2012). Mixed land use and obesity: an empirical comparison of alternative land use measures and geographic scales. Prof Geogr, 64(2), 157-177.
- Wen M, Kowaleski-Jones L (2012). Sex and ethnic differences in validity of self-reported adult height, weight and body mass index. Ethn Dis, 22(1), 72-8.
- Wen M, Kowaleski-Jones L (2012). The built environment and risk of obesity in the United States: racial-ethnic disparities. Health Place, 18(6), 1314-22.
- Smith KR, Zick CD, Kowaleski-Jones L, Brown BB, Fan JX, Yamada I (2011). Effects of neighborhood walkability on healthy weight: assessing selection and causal influences. Soc Sci Res, 40(5), 1445-55.
- Prazen A, Wolfinger NH, Cahill C, Kowaleski-Jones L (2011). Joint physical custody and neighborhood friendships in middle childhood. Sociol Inq, 81(2), 247-59.
- Kowaleski-Jones L, Brown BB, Fan JX, Smith KR, Zick CD (2010). Are you what your mother weighs? Evaluating the impact of maternal weight trajectories on youth overweight. Matern Child Health J, 14(5), 680-6.
- Brown BB, Yamada I, Smith KR, Zick CD, Kowaleski-Jones L, Fan JX (2009). Mixed land use and walkability: Variations in land use measures and relationships with BMI, overweight, and obesity. Health Place, 15(4), 1130-41.
- Zick CD, Smith KR, Fan JX, Brown BB, Yamada I, Kowaleski-Jones L (2009). Running to the store? The relationship between neighborhood environments and the risk of obesity. Soc Sci Med, 69(10), 1493-500.