Paul C. LaStayo, P.T., Ph.D., CHT
- Departments: Nutrition and Integrative Physiology - Adjunct Professor, Orthopaedics - Adjunct Professor, Physical Therapy and Athletic Training - Professor
- Cancer Center Programs: Cancer Control & Population Sciences
- Hand Therapy Certification Commission
Academic Office Information
- (801) 581-7419
Health Profession Education Building
Department of Physical Therapy
520 Wakara Way, Room: 302-09
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
|Postdoctoral Fellowship||University of Arizona
|Doctoral Training||Northern Arizona University
|Graduate Training||Hahnemann University, Graduate School
|Undergraduate||The Colorado College
|The University of Sydney||Honorary Associate||Australia|
- Marcus RL, Addison, O, LaStayo PC, Hungerford R, Wende A, Hoffman J, Abel D, McClain DA (2011). Insulin Sensitivity is Not Increased Despite Improved Regional Glucose Uptake, 1 Week Following 16-week Resistance Training in Older Adults with Diabetes. Diabetes Care.
- Marcus RL, Yoshida Y, Meier W, Peters C, LaStayo PC (2011). An Eccentrically-Biased Rehabilitation Program Early after TKA Surgery. Arthritis.
- Marcus RL, Dibble L, LaStayo PC (2011). What muscle structure and function variables impact mobility and physical activity in older cancer survivors? Journal of Aging and Physical Activity.
- Marcus RL, Addison O, Kidde JP, Dibble LE, LaStayo PC (2010). Skeletal muscle fat infiltration: Impact of age, inactivity and exercise,. Journal of Nutrition, Health and Aging.
- Elmer SJ, Madigan ML, LaStayo PC, Martin JC (2010). Joint-Specific Power Absorption during Eccentric cycling. Clinical Biomechanics.
- Reversing muscle and mobility deficits 1 to 4 years after TKA: a pilot study.LaStayo PC, Meier W, Marcus RL, Mizner R, Dibble L, Peters C (2009). Reversing muscle and mobility deficits 1 to 4 years after TKA: a pilot study. Clin Orthop Relat Res, 467(6), 1493-500.
- Marcus RL, Westlen-Boyer K, LaStayo PC (2011). Impaired Muscle Performance. In Guccione A, Wong R (Eds.), Geriatric Physical Therapy (In Press). Philadelphia: Elsevier.
- LaStayo PC, Lee M (2011). Ulnar Wrist Pain and Impairment: A Therapist's Algorithmic Approach to the Triangular Fibrocartilage Complex. In Mackin EJ, Callahan AD, Skirven TM, Schneider LH, Osterman AL, (Eds.), Rehabilitation of the Hand and Upper Extremity 6th Edition: (In Press). Philadelphia, PA: Mosby.
LaStayo PC, Lindstedt SL, Johns R (2002).
Chronic eccentric exercise as a countermeasure for high-fall risk elderly individuals. Poster session presented at American Physical Therapy Assoc-Combined Section Meeting (Research Section), Boston.