At current estimates, 1.27 million Surgical, Anesthetic, and Obstetric providers need to be added to the global workforce in order to achieve goals of universal access to essential surgical care. Our commitment is to do our part in shouldering this burden as a high-income-country (HIC) academic hospital. Our sense of responsibility leads us to invest across the global spectrum of health-care leadership-- from ward-boys to hospital administrators-- and in successive academic environments, to shape at our own university a constant stream of increasingly global-minded medical professionals in undergraduate, graduate, resident and clinical faculty contexts. We consider capacity building in other nations with our partner institutions an extension of our own commitments to our leadership training responsibilities at home.
- Global Health Fellowship (Division of Emergency Medicine)
- Global, Rural & Underserved Certificate Program (Department of Pediatrics)
- Global Health Education Courses (School of Medicine)
- Global Outreach (Department of Orthopedics)
- Center for Global Dermatology (Department of Dermatology)
- Moran International Fellowship (Department of Ophthamology)
- Office for the Promotion of Global Healthcare Equity