GME Wellness Committee Information
The Graduate Medical Education Committee (GMEC) formed a wellness sub-committee to:
- Gather and analyze current information and research on GME wellness programs at other academic health centers
- Identify current resources and gaps at the University of Utah
- Describe a model GME wellness program
- Propose a program that would leverage current resources and address identified gaps
- Program components: prevention, identification/recognition, and (provide) treatment resources
Accomplishments to date include:
- Creation of two new positions: GME Wellness Director and GME Wellness Coordinator
- Collaboration and data gathering from multiple institutions, including University of Washington, University of Kansas, Stanford University, and University of Minnesota/Hennepin County through ongoing conference calls.
- Designed a survey to determine needs assessment, ability to track progress, and research collaboration. Please respond to the survey!
- Sharing available resources with program directors and residents on the GME website
The committee shared this information and more at the Autumn Program Director Retreat and you can find the presentation slides.
We are committed to your wellness so please feel free to share any wellness suggestions or comments to the committee by emailing Ellen Morrow at email@example.com, or Bruce Herman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.