The University of Utah Department of Internal Medicine advances health through excellence in each of our core domains: education, patient care and discovery, through inspiring engaged faculty, encouraging innovative thinking, and building collaborative partnerships.
14 Unique Divisions
- Cardiovascular Medicine
- General Internal Medicine
- Genetic Epidemiology
- Infectious Diseases
- Medical Ethics & Humanities
- 379 Faculty
- 222 Adjunct and Visiting Faculty
- 212 Residents and Fellows
- 127 Advanced Practice Clinicians
- 574 Support Staff
- University of Utah Health Care was rated #1 in Quality in the Nation in 2016, and in the top 10 nationally for the last seven years.
- For more than 75 years the Department of Internal Medicine has a rich history of providing excellent care, quality research, and valuable education in Utah.
- Our skilled clinicians practice in dozens of clinics, providing quality care to patients across the Wasatch Front and Intermountain West. 25% of our providers rank in the top 1% nationally of all providers for exceptional patient care experience.*
- We have a strong research focus and are ranked 29th for NIH Funding.**
- Residents graduate this program prepared to practice medicine. In 2016, 100% of graduates passed their qualifying board exams.
- The department is an important player in academics, providing 26% of Teaching, 21% of Faculty, 22% of Residents, and 41% of Fellows within the School of Medicine.
- We are a collaborative department, with strong partnerships among divisions, across departments, and with the VA Hospital and Huntsman Cancer Institute.
- Largest department on campus, …..