Schickwann Tsai, MD, PhD
1983 – 1986 Ph.D. in Cell Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts
1982 – 1983 Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts
1973 – 1980 M.D., National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
1989 – 1995 Fellow in Hematology/Oncology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
1987 – 1989 Resident in Internal Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, Texas
1986 – 1987 Intern in Internal Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, Texas
Functional role(s) of mJagged2 in lymphohematopoietic progenitors
Functional role(s) of the human and murine Penumbra genes in erythropoiesis
- Heikens MJ, Cao TM, Morita C, DeHart SL, Tsai S. (2006). Penumbra encodes a novel tetraspanin that is highly expressed in erythroid progenitors and promotes effective erythropoiesis. Blood, In press.
- Peterson LF, Boyapati A, Ranganathan V, Iwama A, Tenen DG, Tsai S, Zhang DE. (2005). The hematopoietic transcription factor AML1 (RUNX1) is negatively regulated by the cell cycle protein cyclin D3. Mol Cell Biol, 25(23), 10205-19.
- Chen Z, Pasquini M, Hong B, DeHart S, Heikens M, Tsai S. (2005). The human Penumbra gene is mapped to a region on chromosome 7 frequently deleted in myeloid malignancies. Cancer Genet Cytogenet, 162(2), 95-8.
- Leeanansaksiri W, Wang H, Gooya JM, Renn K, Abshari M, Tsai S, Keller JR. (2005). IL-3 induces inhibitor of DNA-binding protein-1 in hemopoietic progenitor cells and promotes myeloid cell development. J Immunol, 174(11), 7014-21.
- Dehart SL, Heikens MJ, Tsai S. (2005). Jagged2 promotes the development of natural killer cells and the establishment of functional natural killer cell lines. Blood, 105(9), 3521-7.