Call for Proposals: UU Funding Incentive Seed Grant Program
Jul 5, 2017 10:00 AM
Call for Proposals
UU Funding Incentive Seed Grant Program
IM Internal Review Deadline – Monday, July 17th
(final applications due to the Office of the VP for Research August 21st)
- supports only new areas of research for a PI
- the proposal must demonstrate that the project represents a new research direction in an area likely to generate extramural funding
- the proposal must not overlap with any existing funding
- funding under this program is to be used to successfully compete for extramural funds
- funding will be awarded up to $35,000 for one year.
Department Internal Review: In order to afford IM administration sufficient time to review applicant and proposal eligibility (http://research.utah.edu/grants/seed.php) and to confirm the application will move forward, please plan to provide Kris Larrabee the Project Abstract and PI Biosketch by Monday, July 17th. Approvals to proceed with the application will be communicated no later than July 26th.
Department Chair Letter of Support: For those proposals approved to move forward in the application process, the PI will be asked to provide a draft chair letter of support by July 31st (send to Chris Lasalle).
Final Application Submission: Final applications are submitted online using the ERICA System due August 21st.
Review Criteria: Preference will be given to proposals that:
- Have a high potential for extramural funding
- Have significant merit
- Represent a new direction for the PI
- Build or strengthen cross-disciplinary research partnerships
- July 17 – Submit Abstract and NIH Biosketch to Kris Larrabee for Department Internal Review.
- July 26 – Approvals to proceed with application sent to investigators.
- July 31 – Investigators to provide draft Chair letter of support. Forward to Chris LaSalle for processing.
- August 21 (5:00 p.m.) – Final application due. To be submitted online via the ERICA system.
For application assistance or questions on review criteria, contact Kris Larrabee (801-585-7655).
For additional information: http://research.utah.edu/grants/seed.php