Questions to Ask
You can and should ask questions about the trial to make sure you understand what's involved.
Here are some questions to ask before enrolling in a clinical trial:
- What is the purpose of the study?
- Who is sponsoring the study, and who has reviewed and approved it?
- What kinds of tests, medicines, surgery, or devices are involved? Are any procedures painful?
- What are the possible risks, side effects, and benefits of taking part in the study?
- How might this trial affect my daily life? Will I have to be in the hospital?
- How long will the trial last?
- Who will pay for the tests and treatments I receive?
- Will I be reimbursed for other expenses (for example, travel and child care)?
- Who will be in charge of my care?
- What will happen after the trial?