Our mission, vision and values statements can be crystallized in our desire to provide World Class service, education and research.
Departmental Mission, Vision and Values
Our mission is to expand and improve healthcare education, translational research and clinical services for the health and development of women and their children throughout the world.
Our vision is to be a world class, innovative, academic organization whose products are: outstanding clinicians and scientists; applicable evidence-based treatment protocols and diagnostic tools; relevant clinical research; and thought-leaders in women and children's healthcare.
The values and principles that guide our actions are the following:
- Leadership that will mobilize commitment to goals in women and children’s health and influence future directions in service, research and education
- Innovation arising from an environment which favors new ideas, solutions, and approaches
- Excellence by supporting and mentoring patients, educators, scientists, and students in the highest standards of care, education and research
- Interdiciplinarity of approaches in our service, education and research missions
- Integrity and honesty in our interactions with our patients, faculty, partners, stakeholders, and community
- Linkages designed to foster capacity enhancement and nurturing of faculty and trainees resulting in successful funding, programs, and initiatives