Data Analyst Support
The goal of the data support team is to assist investigators in data extraction, collection, management and analysis using a wide variety of differen databases and tools.
Data support includes:
- Data extraction and analysis from the Intermountain Healthcare enterprise data warehouse (EDW).
- Data extraction and analysis from the Pediatric Health Information System (PHIS) database.
- Data linkage and analysis to other available and accessible databases such as the Utah Department of Health (UDOH), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) or Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP-KID) databases.
- Assist with University of Utah and/or Intermountain Healthcare Institutional Review Board (IRB) application and submission.
- Assist with data management in a secure and safe environment following the Privacy Rule and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations.
- Assist with creation of forms for data input into a database.
- Assist with creation of a geodatabase and maps utilizing geographical information systems for spatial data analysis.
Kent Korgenski, MT, MS