John W. Thatcher, M.D.
Title: Instructor, Clinical
Current Position: Attending, VAMC
- BS University of Utah (Biology), 1997-1997
- MD University of Utah School of Medicine (Medicine), 1999-2003
- University of Utah School of Medicine (Psychiatry), 2003-2007
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology (Psychiatry), Applying to take exam Nov 2008
- Howard Hughes Undergraduate Biomedical Research Scholarship, University of Utah 1993-1995
- Biology Department Scholarship, University of Utah, 1994-1996
- Outstanding Undergraduate Student Award, Department of Biology,University of Utah, 1995
- Hermann GJ, Thatcher JW, Mills JP, Hales KG, Fuller MT, Nunnari J, Shaw JM. (1998). Mitochondrial fusion in yeast requires the transmembrane GTPase Fzolp. Journal of Cell Biology, The, 143, 359-373.
- Otsuga D, Keegan BR, Brisch E, Thatcher JW, Hermann GJ, Bleazard W, Shaw JM. (1998). The dynamin-related GTPase, Dnm1p, controls mitochondrial morphology in yeast. Journal of Cell Biology, The, 143, 333-349.
- Thatcher JW, Marchand WR, Thatcher GW, Jacobs A, Jensen C. (2007). Clinical characteristics and health service use of veterans with comorbid bipolar disorder and PTSD. Psychiatr Serv, 58(5), 703-7.
- Marchand WR, Lee J, Thatcher GW, Jensen C, Stewart D, Dilda V, Thatcher JW, Creem-Regher S. (IN PRESS). A functional MRI study of a paced motor activation task to evaluate frontal-subcortical circuit function in bipolar depression. Psychiatry Research: Neuroimaging.
- Marchand WR, Lee J, Thatcher JW, Thatcher GW, Jensen C, Starr J. (IN PRESS). A preliminary longitudinal fMRI study of frontal-subcortical circuits in bipolar disorder. Journal of Affective Disorders.