2017 Addictions Update Conference
Science, Policy & Treatment of Substance Issues
June 1-2, 2017 (with special workshop options on June 3)
We invite you to join us for this premier, comprehensive two-day conference, which will explore critical and timely issues related to the science, policy, and treatment of substance use and abuse. This is a CEU/CME-accredited event offering a variety of topics, speakers, optional post-conference workshops, and plenary talks by nationally-acclaimed experts. The conference is produced by the Department of Psychiatry, University of Utah School of Medicine, in partnership with the Utah Division of Substance Abuse & Mental Health.
- This all new program will join top national and local experts in one venue - a rare opportunity that you won't want to miss!
- Select from a variety of topics significant to your practice.
- Take advantage of the economical price & substantial continuing ed credits.
- Enjoy the comfort of this spacious and picturesque environment with springtime beauty just outside the thresholds of the meeting space.
- Experience networking opportunities with colleagues and form new connections.
- Benefit from discounted lodging accommodations; the most current, effective treatment skills and modalities; sound clinical information; skill-building workshops; case practices; debates; breaking research; concrete tools; and more!
Conference Focus & Objectives:
This conference is designed to join medical, addiction, and behavioral health professionals and those influencing those practices. It will facilitate an increased knowledge of substance use disorder issues facing today’s diverse society in order to develop and implement effective prevention and intervention / treatment programs and strategies through science, policy and practice. Ultimately, this will improve systems, clinical modalities, and client care in individual and community practices and programs. The event will:
- Increase awareness and share current knowledge of critical substance use issues throughout the lifespan, and identify and define their relevance to peers, family members, business, community, and government influencers.
- Develop strategies to more effectively promote the healthy growth and development of individuals in all developmental stages and various cultural / ethnic backgrounds who are dealing with issues of substance use, misuse and abuse.
- Provide effective working tools for professionals to properly intervene in substance abuse issues.
- Familiarize participants with current policies, resources and resource needs in an environment that facilitates interdisciplinary, collaborative networking.
- Provide tools for professionals in policy, research and patient care to mobilize, develop and implement prevention and intervention programs in the business, community and/or government sectors.
This program is for you if you are in a private or public professional sector working with or influencing practices and policies for individuals facing addiction, pain, and related issues. Special emphasis is also placed on the professions of:
Throughout the conference, you will benefit from:
- State-of-the-science, evidence-based presentations
- A fresh program – first of its kind in the area
- An expert faculty line-up
- Proactive sessions
- Skill-building opportunities & practice tools
- Intervention focused curricula
- Hands-on resources
- Networking / Referral & resource building
- Top, professional training for a low cost
- A convenient locale
- A comfortable learning and working environment
By the conclusion of the conference, you will walk away with:
- Enhanced skills for addressing science, policy, and treatment of substance abuse issues
- Working tools & improvements for your practice
- Expanded resources / referral bases
- Knowledge of the latest research impacting your practice
- Fulfillment of continuing ed requirements
In Partnership With