Student Interest Groups
2016 – 2017 Student Interest Groups (SIGs)
Each student interest group (SIG) or organization must register annually with the Office of Student Affairs (SOM1C101), complete and submit the required registration paperwork online via: asuu.utah.edu.
- The completed Registration Form
- A copy of the Constitution and Bylaws
- The student president or co-president(s), and faculty advisor(s)’ signatures on the Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Industry Relationships with Medical Students Prohibited policy form
- Register with the ASUU (for funding)
The School of Medicine faculty advisor(s) should have a copy of all of the above paperwork on file. Registration and approval for each student interest group (SIG) or organization by the Dean of Student Affairs is required in order to hold any formal activities, events and/or meetings.
Student interest groups (SIGs) or organizations registered and approved by July 31st will be invited by Student Affairs to participate in the Student Interest Group (SIG) Fair during Freshmen Orientation in August.
Pharmaceutical and medical device industry relationships with medical students are prohibited. This policy is to ensure medical students' training is free from real or perceived conflicts of interest from outside entities. Medical students and medical student interest groups (SIGs) or organizations/associations are expected to adhere to all applicable University of Utah and School of Medicine policies and procedures in addition to the policy prohibiting pharmaceutical and medical device industry relationships.
- How to Start and Maintain a Student Interest Group
- Find a Group to Join - Select "Medical Student Interest Groups" as the category.
For more information on ASUU and funding for your SIG, please visit the following links: