Sports Medicine Fellowship
- ACGME Accredited Fellowship in Primary Care Sports Medicine.
- Provide coverage for over 300 Division 1 NCAA collegiate, intramural, and community athletes.
- Training in Sports Medicine from nationally and internationally respected Primary Care Sports Medicine physicians from various backgrounds including Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Orthopedics, and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- Weekly Sports Medicine journal clubs and educational conferences to provide Fellows with background in up to date management strategies.
- Diverse event coverage opportunities including football, hockey, basketball, endurance events (marathons, biathlons), Dew Tour, and winter sports (skiing, bobsled, skeleton).
- Fellow works approximately 4-5 shifts per month in the University ED and surrounding ED's. Opportunities to interact with, mentor, and teach Emergency Medicine Residents in the University of Utah Program.
- Opportunity to train and work in high volume ski clinic diagnosing and reducing multiple types of fractures and dislocations.
- Elective rotation opportunities in Imaging/ Radiology, specialty surgical clinics (Hand, Spine, Foot and Ankle), nutrition, rheumatology, preventative cardiology and sports psychology.
- University Orthopedic Center has excellent physical therapy department where the Fellow will observe and learn.
Length of Training
1 year fellowship beginning July 1
Graduates of accredited US/Canadian Emergency Medicine Residencies or EM Board Certification
- Application (completed applications should be emailed to Dr. Gee)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (1 from Program Director)
Applications due October 1, 2012
Salary & Benefits
- Fellow paid at PGY-4 level.
- Opportunities for moonlighting shifts in the ED as well as additional ski clinic shifts to augment income.
- Medical/dental/disability insurance