Performance Voice Conference 2018
Save the Date: Saturday, April 7, 2018
Location: Huntsman Hospital, 6th Floor
Early registration ends March 31st, 2018
In celebration of World Voice Day, University of Utah Health Care presents the Performance Voice Conference. We invite physicians, otolaryngologists, speech language pathologists, faculty, and voice instructors to join us for a day of instruction and collaboration with nationally and internationally acclaimed voice professionals.
Our partners include:
- University of Utah Voice Disorders Center,
- National Center for Voice & Speech,
- University of Utah Theatre Department,
- Utah State University Communication Sciences & Disorders Department,
- and Brigham Young University's Communication Sciences & Disorders Department.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe and discuss typical changes to tissues and the physiology of the voice as we age that might affect the ability to participate in choral singing,
- Describe and discuss factors learned about the body’s healing responses that can be applied toward optimizing recovery from a vocal injury,
- Describe and discuss common factors associated with choral singing that can affect optimal choral singing, and
- Describe and discuss common pedagogical methods for optimizing healthy choral singing.
For any questions related to exhibitor registration for this conference please contact Julie Barkmeier-Kraemer at JulieB.Kraemer@hsc.utah.edu or at 801-585-7143.
This course is offered for .75 ASHA CEUs (intermediate level, professional area).