Mission of the Division
"The child first and always" is the motto and the motivating spirit within the Primary Children's Hospital. This ideal is embraced and considered a professional commitment by the pediatric surgeons.
The division is committed to the following goals:
- To provide the highest level of surgical care for children that can be attained with present-day knowledge and techniques
- To provide a pediatric surgery training experience for general surgical residents with the goals of developing
- Competence in management of common surgical problems in children
- Recognition of the complex pediatric surgical problems that require referral to a pediatric surgical specialty center
- To maintain interest, faculty involvement, and financial support of clinical and basic science research related to the surgical problems of children