Mission of the Division
"The Child First and Always" is the motto and the motivating spirit within the Primary Children's Medical Center. This ideal is embraced and considered a professional commitment by the Pediatric Surgeons.
The division is committed to the following goals:
- To provide the highest level of surgical care for children that can be attained with present-day knowledge and techniques.
- To provide a pediatric surgery training experience for general surgical residents with the goals of developing:
- Competence in management of common surgical problems in children.
- Recognition of the complex pediatric surgical problems which require referral to a pediatric surgical specialty center.
- To maintain interest, faculty involvement, and financial support of clinical and basic science research related to the surgical problems of children.