Mission of the School of Medicine
The University of Utah School of Medicine serves the people of Utah and beyond by continually improving individual and community health and quality of life. This is achieved through excellence in patient care, education, and research. Each is vital to our mission and each makes the others stronger.
- We provide compassionate care without compromise.
- We educate scientists and health care professionals for the future.
- We engage in research to advance knowledge and well-being.
Vision of the University of Utah
The “One U” vision of the University of Utah is to work together to solve big problems in society and to optimize our campus resources to create an exceptional educational experience for our learners.”
Vision of the School of Medicine
To create an exceptional learning experience for our students to promote their development into competent and caring professionals. To achieve our vision of exceptional learning, we value:
- Relationships built on trust and mutual respect;
- Talents and ability of each member of the learning community to contribute according to his or her talents;
- Responsibility of each member of the community to one another;
- Accountability towards professional standards of attitudes and behavior;
and Respect for diversity of perspectives and the inclusive spirit of teamwork