The Office of the Ombuds is a resource for members of the University of Utah's Health community (faculty and trainees) with a problem or concern. We provide informal conflict resolution and work to promote fair treatment and fair process.
The Ombuds serves as a neutral, independent resource; all requests and consultations are treated in the strictest confidence. The only exception to confidentiality is when there is indication of possible harm to someone or as required by law. Importantly, the Office of the Ombuds is not an office of notice.
We can help if you:
- Want to discuss sensitive issues confidentially
- Don't know where to begin to address a problem
- Are unsure which policies or procedures relate to your situation
- Believe policies or procedures have been applied unfairly or inappropriately
- Have tried regular channels for resolving your concern and have been unsuccessful
What action can the Ombuds take?
- We can work with other university officials to develop resolutions to problems
- We can bring issues to the attention of those with the authority to address concerns
- We can report systemic issues to administrators and other leaders and make recommendations for resolution