The University of Utah School of Medicine serves the people of Utah and beyond by continually improving individual and community health and quality of life. This is achieved through excellence in patient care, education, and research; each is vital to our mission and each makes the others stronger.
- We provide compassionate care without compromise.
- We educate scientists and health care professionals for the future.
- We engage in research to advance knowledge and well-being.
The unique missions of the School of Medicine include Investigation, Education, and Clinical Practice Advancement, which are supported by Administration / Service in support of SOM missions. These four areas are understood specifically in the context of faculty reviews as “areas of accomplishment”.
Areas of accomplishment pertinent to review of SOM faculty members include:
- Clinical Practice Advancement
- Administration / Service in Support of the Missions (“Service”)
Tenure-line faculty members will be expected to demonstrate excellence in two areas of accomplishment, one of which must be Investigation, and effectiveness in the other two.
Visit our Pulse page for resources for Faculty Appointment, Review, and Advancement (FARA).