We invite you to nominate a physician, colleagues or member of the community who has contributed in extraordinary ways to the practice or support of medicine for consideration of a Distinguished Award for 2018. School of Medicine alumni, faculty and staff, as well as members of the community and colleagues, may submit nominations from now until March 5, 2018
The following submission criteria must be included and will be used in determining the nominee's qualifications for receiving the award:
- Why the Nominee Should Receive the Award: The nominator will be requested to describe how their nominee contributes to the respective award criteria listed above, plus any other pertinent information they feel is valuable to the nomination.
- Curriculum Vitae: A CV should be included with submissions for the Distinguished Alumni Award. A CV is recommended but not required for the Service Award nomination or Humanitarian Award nomination as often they are not academic in nature.
- Letters of Support: A minimum of two letters of recommendation are required for each nominee; one of which can be the nomination letter.
- A Cover Form with type of nomination and contact information of all nominators
Submit your nomination
- mail to 515 E. 100 S., Suite 300, Salt Lake City, Utah 84102
- email to email@example.com,
- Fax (801) 585-2613.
An announcement of the awardees will be included in the summer edition of the Illuminations Magazine and posted on our website in June of each year. Award Recipients will be honored at the October School of Medicine Alumni Association's Annual Awards Banquet at the Grand America Hotel in Salt Lake City hosted by the Dean of the School of Medicine and the President of the Alumni Association.
Finalist Re-Nomination: If a nominee is a finalist, but they are not selected, the names are automatically re-nominated for the next year. If they are not finalists they must be re-nominated yearly. This information will be shared with all nominators in June of each year.