Presentations & Booths
Transitioning into Practice Agenda
Tuesday, May 8, 2018, 5:15 p.m.-8:30 p.m.
Auditorium-Health Sciences Education Building-U of U Health Sciences Campus
Welcome, Kristin Anderson, Executive Director, School of Medicine Alumni Relations
Physician Employment Contracts, Jim Haisley, J.D., Associate General Counsel, University of Utah
The Search and Interview-Keys to Success, David Anisman, MD, Assoc. Medical Director, U of U Healthcare, Community Clinics
6:30-7:00 p.m. Dinner Break/Visit sponsor tables
Financial Management for Physicians, Howard Weeks, MD, Associate Chief Medical Information Officer, U of U Health Science.
Debt Forgiveness and Loan Repayment Opportunities (45 minutes)
Julie Fresne, Director, Student Financial Services, American Association of Medical Colleges
Information and Resource Booths
- University of Utah Medical Group—Recruiting
- MICA—Physician Liability Insurance—Medical Professional Liability
- AAMC—Debt Repayment, Financial Planning
- Utah Medical Association—Association and Membership Information
- Northwestern Mutual— Disability Insurance
COMPLETE THE 2018 SURVEY
The following resources were referenced by the presenters in
- Debt Repayment - AAMC
- How to Ace the Interview Article AAP
- Interview Questions
- Interview Scorecard
- Motley Fool
- Utah Medical Association Financial Services (
UMAFS) during residency and medical school.
- GME Wellness Program and Resources
- The Stethoscope - newsletter for residents from MICA
- Book - Smart Women Finish Rich - David Bach
- Book -The Motley Fool:"You Have More than You Think"
- Book -The Motley Fool's Money After 40: Building Wealth for a Better Life" - David Gardner
- Book - A Random Walk Down Wall Street - Burton Malkiel
Transitioning Into Practice is made possible by the collaborative and financial support of: