How to Apply
Applications for all Anesthesiology Residency Programs will only be accepted through the Electronic Resident Application Service (ERAS). Applications will be reviewed once all required documentation has been received. For applications to be considered complete, the following documents are required:
- Common ERAS application form
- Personal statement
- Please use one paragraph of your personal statement to express your interest in our program.
- USMLE transcript
- Medical school transcript
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation
- Altus Assessment – assessments of non-cognitive skills for selection
- All applicants applying to the Anesthesiology Residency Program at the University of Utah are required to complete Altus Suite for the 2021/22 application cycle. To complete Altus Suite, visit TakeAltus.com to create an account and complete the following assessments:
- Casper: 60-90 minute online, open-response situational judgment test
- Snapshot: 10-minute one-way video interview with standardized questions
- Duet: 15-minute value-alignment assessment
The deadline for application submission is October 28. Applications received after this date may be considered, but interviews are subject to availability.
After an application is deemed complete, it will be reviewed by a member of our residency selection committee, and selected applicants will be invited for a personal interview through Thalamus. Applicants not selected for an interview will be notified through ERAS.
Please see our FAQ’s for more information.
Based on the recommendations by the Coalition for Physician Accountability the Association for Anesthesiology Core Program Directors (AACPD), the University of Utah Anesthesiology Residency Program interviews be virtual for the 2021-2022 residency recruitment season.