We are a team of over 40 biostatisticians, epidemiologists, statistical geneticists, health economists, psychometricians, and survey design researchers with a mission to advance high quality research at the University of Utah and affiliated institutions.
The following navigation bar describes a typical research process for collaborating with SDBC members on a manuscript. If you are looking for assistance with a grant proposal, you may benefit from reading the Get Started, Request Collaboration, and the grant preparation pages.
Please Note: In order to help prevent the spread of novel coronavirus COVID-19, our staff is now working off-site. You can still request to work with us by clicking the “Request Collaboration” link, however, be prepared for meetings to be hosted via conference call/Zoom/Teams.
We apologize for any inconvenience at this time. We value our work with you and look forward to more beneficial collaborations in the future.
- Literature review
- Develop research question(s)
- Identify potential variables
- Review study design guidelines
- Our request form is short but vital to us!
- We use it to determine the best research team
- And to track progress and results
- A statistical plan helps focus the research objectives
- We use it to facilitate communication among the research team
- Best practices for data collection
- How to format data for analysis
- We help with all methodological aspects of manuscripts: tables, figures, methods, results, and discussion
- Please send us the final draft for review prior to submission