Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
The Department of Biomedical Informatics at the University of Utah is working actively to create a diverse and inclusive environment for trainees, staff, and faculty.
A summary of the activities the department has implemented:
- All search committee members are required to take bias training before the commencement of the activity
- Annual Microaggression training for all trainees, staff, and faculty (initiated Spring 2020)
- Development of departmental diversity plan (initiated Fall 2019)
- Presence at SACNAS annual meeting for the recruitment of diverse student body
- Student developed diversity seminar series starting Fall 2020
- Commitment to recruiting diverse speakers at all DBMI events - Grand Rounds, Business Seminar, IAB talks
- Promote resources for trainees, staff, and faculty on assistance with sensitive issues, and conflicts.