National Library of Medicine (NLM) Funded Pre-doctoral Training Positions
The Department of Biomedical Informatics at the University of Utah is the recipient of a National Library of Medicine (NLM) Training Grant. The grant funds research training of 12 students in biomedical informatics.
Each NLM informatics research training program makes special efforts to recruit individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups, individuals with disabilities, and those from economically, socially, culturally or educationally disadvantaged backgrounds, into careers in biomedical informatics. The positions are for US citizens and permanent residents.
National Library of Medicine (NLM) Funded Postdoctoral Fellowships
National Library of Medicine (NLM) Data Science Supplement
We received a supplement to enhance existing courses by integrating data science principles and skills across the curriculum. During Fall 2017 and Spring 2018, we will develop case study modules that allow students to practice and apply data science skills in the context of meaningful problems, using real data sets.
To the modules:
- Designing a Data Visualization for Primary Care Teams
- Transient Receptor Potential (TRP) Ion Channel Gain of Function Polymorphisms in Pollution-associated Asthma Exacerbations
- Developing a Framework for Leveraging
Patient ReportedOutcomes Measurement for Increasing Value to Patients and Providers
- Using ED Chief Complaints to Perform Situational Awareness and Surveillance
- Identifying Patients with Pneumonia from Text for Cohort Identification
- Genomic Variant Analysis: finding and reporting causative variants