Biomedical Informatics Scholarships & Awards
Richard A. Fay & Carol M. Fay
Endowed Graduate Fellowship
The Richard A. Fay and Carol M. Fay Endowed Graduate Fellowship was established by Mr. and Mrs. Richard A. Fay in memory of Homer Warner, MD, PhD. The expendable funds are to be administered by the department chair, and are designated to support an outstanding graduate student’s training in the Department of Biomedical Informatics.
The recipient will be chosen by a committee selected by the Chair. The original endowment in the amount of $300,000 will supplement PhD students’ training who are National Library of Medicine fellows.
The Fays chose Biomedical Informatics to support because Dr. Warner used the same engineering principles in his work that Richard Fay uses with his "FayTrade" computerized stock trading system. The Fays also support Biomedical Informatics because it is at the forefront of innovation for the new direction in health care.
Past Award Recipients
- 2019: Rolando Hernandez, Amber Kiser, Jean Fredo Louis, Andrew Miller, Janette Vazquez, Diane Walker, and Michael Watkins
- 2018: Jiantao Bian, Rolando Hernandez, Jean Fredo Louis, Casey Rommel, Diane Walker, and Rosalie Waller
- 2017: Jiantao Bian, Rolando Hernandez, Jean Fredo Louis, Casey Rommel, Diane Walker, and Rosalie Waller
- 2016: Casey Rommel, Lance Pfleiger, and Valliammai Chidambaram
- 2015: Naresh Sundar Rajan and Polina Kukhareva
- 2014: Jingran Wen and Keith Simmon