Biomedical Informatics Scholarships & Awards
Rolland H. Reiter
The Rolland H. Reiter Scholarship in Biomedical Informatics at the University of Utah is awarded to a student chosen based on their interest and contributions to clinical application of biomedical informatics with an emphasis on enhancing the quality and/or reducing waste in medicine. The award will go towards their tuition up to $6,000.
Eligibility & Submission Procedures
- Applicants must be a MS (thesis or non-thesis based) candidate in good standing in the Department of Biomedical Informatics.
- Applicants must be working full-time in health informatics at a hospital, a health care system, or a private software or service company related to health care informatics.
To apply, please submit the following to Cathy Bradley:
- A current CV
- A letter explaining how you are fulfilling the goals of the donor
- Two letters of support (one letter from a BMI faculty and the other from your employer -- recommenders should send their letters directly to Cathy Bradley.)
Past Scholarship Recipients
- 2021 Fall - Jeffrey Bernhardt - MS Candidate
- 2021 Spring - Andreas Martinson - MS Candidate
- 2020 – Mary Shea O’Brien, MS Candidate
- 2018 – Gabby Iorg, MS Candidate
- 2017 – Nicholas Consiglio, MS Candidate
- 2016 – Darin Humphreys, MS Candidate
- 2014 – Darin Humphreys, MS Candidate