Pemphigoid (Herpes) Gestationis Factor/Complement-Fixing Basement Membrane Zone Antibodies
• For initial diagnostic assessment and disease monitoring in (herpes) pemphigoid gestationis
• Order concurrently with perilesional skin biopsy for direct immunofluorescence for initial diagnosis of pemphigoid gestationis, also known as herpes gestationis
• Consider additional alternative autoantibody assessment initially and for persisting unexplained or worsening disease activity: Epithelial Antibody Screening Panel
- Complement-fixing basement membrane zone antibodies by indirect immunofluorescence
- IgA basement membrane zone antibodies by indirect immunofluorescence
- IgG basement membrane zone antibodies by indirect immunofluorescence
- IgG BP 180 and BP 230 antibody levels by ELISAs
Indirect immunofluorescence with added fresh human complement - human split skin substrate
Indirect immunofluorescence - monkey esophagus and human split skin substrates
Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA)
New York Department of Health (NYDOH) Approval Status
This test is New York DOH approved.
Information Required to Submit with Order
Completed Immunodermatology Laboratory requisition form and copies of both sides of insurance cards or completed billing information.
88346; 88350 x 2, 83516 (86256 x 3 possible)
Plain red top tube or serum separator tube.
2 mL serum separated from blood into serum vial provided in kit (Minimum needed: 1.0 mL)
Conditions with Disclaimer for Potentially Anomalous Results
Hemolyzed or lipemic serum specimens, whole blood
Ambient: 7 days
Refrigerated: 14 days