General (No Emphasis)
Intended for students who wish to the further their careers in occupational health practice, the Certificate of Occupational Safety and Health (COSH) is appropriate for baccalaureate prepared students seeking additional competency in Occupational Safety and Health (OSH).
The COSH-General program allows students to gain competencies in the following:
- Managing programs, including design of monitoring programs
- Critically evaluate data related to area of studies in pidemiology or industrial hygiene
- Assess risk posed by potential chemical, physical, and biological hazards
- Design and evaluate effectiveness of various emission and exposure control methods for potential hazards.
- Effectively communicate to workers, peers, and management using verbal, visual, and written skills.
- Increase independence in effectively managing occupational and environmental health and safety programs
A complete list of course requirements for the COSH-General program can be found within our departmental handbook listed here: OEH Handbook