Division of Public Health's University of Utah Asia Campus
The University of Utah is honored and excited to be one of the founding institutions of Incheon Global Campus. Students from around the world will have convenient access to the University of Utah's amazing faculty, staff, and academic culture at the University of Utah Asia Campus, which opened in Fall 2014. The U offers several exciting undergraduate and graduate degrees to students from around the world.
Our highly ranked University of Utah Master of Public Health (MPH) program has extended its world-class education around the globe to the University of Utah Asia campus (UAC). This campus offers the unique opportunity to complete the degree solely in Korea or split your time between Korea and the U.S.. Students also have the option to study at our future MPH program in Ghana, West Africa. Our program flexibility allows students to fully engage a global public health education experience. For example, a student can spend their first year in Korea, and second year in the U.S., with summer coursework in Ghana. There is also an option to complete the MPH degree in one year at the Asia Campus.
All courses are taught in English by our University of Utah U.S. campus faculty, allowing students to have the same quality of education in Korea while earning their CEPH-accredited MPH degree. The CEPH accreditation provides immediate recognition from the academic public health community.
Students also have the option to complete one year at the Asia Campus and then study at the Salt Lake campus if they want to pursue an MSPH or any of our MPH dual degrees MPH/MPP, MPH/MPA, MPH/MHA. Please note that separate applications are required for the dual degrees.
- Flexibility - Students have flexibility to determine the pace at which they would like to complete their degree. You can finish in one year at the UAC, 2 years at the UAC, or two years in combination with the UAC and U.S. campuses.
- Extended Admissions Deadlines - If you missed the deadline for the U.S. MPH, the deadlines for the UAC MPH are later so you still have time to apply! Same professors, same content, global experience.
- World-class faculty - The instructors at the UAC are the same instructors who teach on the U.S. campus. Each faculty member visits the UAC for a 5-week block to teach two 3-credit hour courses of the same coursework taught in the U.S. This means that students receive the exact same degree as someone studying at the U.S. campus.
- University of Utah Division of Public Health Rankings
- US News World Report ranked University of Utah, Master in Public Health program in the top 10 among peer programs
- Blue Ridge Institute for Medical Research: Department of Family and Preventive Medicine ranked #7 in 2016
- University of Utah
- Why Utah?
- #53 best medical schools for primary care
- #55 best public universities
- #87 in the world based on academic and research performance by Shanghai Jiao Tong University - Academic Ranking of World Universities 2014
- Nobel Prize Winner Mario R. Capecchi
- Pac12 Institution - peer institutions include schools such as UCLA, Stanford, USC, University of Washington, UC-Berkeley
- Tier I Research Institutions -
- Our program is committed to graduate education through the doctorate (PhD) degree
- Faculty are actively engaged in research to advance public health knowledge and training