Public Health Global Public Health
Exploring Public Health in Korea
Join the Division of Public Health at the University of Utah Asia Campus (UAC) and explore public health in Korea.
Project Site: South Korea
Faculty: Dr. TP Singh
Trip Dates: May 7th to May 20th
Estimated Costs (2018 pricing):
- Tuition (3-4 credit hours) - All students pay resident tuiton for summer semester
- Housing (Estimated)
- Approximately $100/week for single
- Approximately $60/week for double
- Additional costs (Estimated)
- Airfare - $500 - $1400
- Food - $20/day
- Transportation - $5- $10/day
- Student Visa - $75 plus photos etc.
- Additional Travel/Entertainment
Itinerary: (Subject to Change)
May 6th - Arrive University of Utah Asia Campus
May 7th - Classes start: Introductions
May 8th - Food : Food safety and handling, and food exploration.
May 9th - Water treatment facility
May 10th - Seoul: City hall - Identify Public Health offices and services. Visit the Palace and history Museum. Identify traditional and contemporary components of the socio-cultural fabric. Explore the traditional markets.
May 11th - Lantern Festival
May 14th - Built environment –Songdo
May 15th - Meeting with Green Climate Fund (GCF) and United Nations Office Sustainable Development (UNOSD)
May 16th - Hike: Bukhansan National Park
May 17th - Soraepogo: Fish market
May 18th - Bicycle ride along Ara Waterway
May 20th - Classes end. Celebration BBQ
Please complete the following steps to confirm a spot for the Exploring Public Health in Korea course:
- Email Jill Stephenson, firstname.lastname@example.org of intended interest as soon as possible
- Pay $500 non-refundable deposit
- Register for course PBHLT 5531-320 or 6531-320 by March 19th
- Send Visa information
- Scanned copy of passport, address, phone number, last school graduated from, and duration of stay in Korea
The Division of Public Health requires a $500 non-refundable fee to hold your spot for the course. This fee will go towards your tuition once you have registered for classes. You can pay with credit card by clicking on the button below.