Public Health Global Public Health
Exploring Public Health in Korea
Join the Division of Public Health at the University of Utah Asia Campus (UAC) and explore public health in Korea.
Project Site: South Korea
Faculty: Dr. TP Singh
Trip Dates: May 2nd to May 18th
- Tuition (3) - All students pay resident tuiton for summer semester
- Housing (Estimated)
- Approximately $100/week for single
- Approximately $60/week for double
- Additional costs (Estimated)
- Airfare - $500 - $1400
- Food - $25 - $30/day
- Transportation - $5 - $10/day
- Student Visa - $75 plus photos etc.
- Additional Travel/Entertainment - $10/day
Itinerary: (Subject to Change)
May 2nd - Arrive at University of Utah Asia Campus
May 3rd - Orientation
May 4th - Lotus Lantern Festival
May 6th - Food : Food safety and handling, and food exploration.
May 7th - Water treatment facility
May 8th - Seoul: City hall - Identify Public Health offices and services. Visit the Palace and history Museum. Identify traditional and contemporary components of the socio-cultural fabric. Explore the traditional markets.
May 9th - Built environment –Songdo
May 10th - Meeting with Green Climate Fund (GCF) and United Nations Office Sustainable Development (UNOSD)
May 13th - Hike: Bukhansan National Park
May 14th - Soraepogo: Fish market
May 15th - Bicycle ride along Ara Waterway
May 16th - TBD
May 17th - Classes end. Celebration BBQ
Please complete the following steps to confirm a spot for the Exploring Public Health in Korea course:
- Email Kelsey Townsend, firstname.lastname@example.org of intended interest as soon as possible
- Pay $500 non-refundable deposit
- Complete Campus Transition Form and send to email@example.com
- Register for courses
- Send Visa information
- Scanned copy of passport, address, phone number, last school graduated from, and duration of stay in Korea
The Division of Public Health requires a $500 non-refundable fee to hold your spot for the course. This fee will go towards your tuition once you have registered for classes. You can pay with credit card by clicking on the button below.