Public Health - Career Resources
Are you interested in what type of Public Health jobs are out there? Discover what graduates have done with their Public Health degrees as well as make use of Handshake that is a free platform for current students and alumni. Handshake connects students with more than 250,000 employers. Also, search local and national job boards through a variety of different organizations ranging from the Salt Lake County Health Department to Emory Public Health Employment Connection.
- Career Outcome - Each year, University of Utah graduates accept professional employment offers in Utah, across the United States, and around the world. Use this page to discover the variety of career outcomes achieved by University of Utah students and graduates.
- Handshake - a system that matches students interests and experiences with career opportunities with more than 250, 000 employers. Discover and save jobs, receive recommendations based on search history, education, skills, etc. Log in with your uNID and CIS password to get started.
- Utah Job Boards - View the different job opportunities through the following organizations.
- National Job Boards - View the different job opportunities through the following organizations.
Students who complete this degree program may be prepared for the following careers. Advanced degrees or certifications may be required for academic or clinical positions. Career examples include but are not limited to:
|Social and Human Service Assistants||16.4%||$33,120|
|Community Health Workers||18.1%||$38,370|
|Community and Social Service Specialists, All Other||13.2%||$41,570|
|Environmental Science and Protection Technicians||12.1%||$45,490|
|Occupational Health and Safety Specialists||8.1%||$71,780|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||20.5%||$98,350|
|Social and Community Service Managers||18%||$64,100|
* Data obtained from the Occupational Information Network (O*NET) under sponsorship of the U.S. Department of Labor/Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA).