U-HELM Mentors Expectations
Eligibility & Application Process
- Meet with U-HELM Fellows as part of the mentor matching process during the November 19 Open House from 1 to 3 pm (via Zoom). If you are unable to attend, we will set up individual 15-minute meetings with four Fellows in December.
- Fellow/mentor matches will be made at the end of December.
If you are matched with a Fellow:
- January/February: We recommend for mentors who have not previously had mentoring training to complete either an asynchronous training (resources to be distributed) or to participate in the NRMN faculty mentoring training offered in the spring.
- Meet with your U-HELM Fellow at least three times between January and July 2022 (you are encouraged to meet more frequently, for instance, monthly). Consider using U-HELM mentoring tools, such as the Individual Development Plan (IDP), mentor checklist, etc., during your meetings (materials will be provided).
- Invited to apply are current faculty with a dual interest in health equity and career mentoring, who are available to meet with a U-HELM fellow at least three times.
- Rolling application via form HERE.