Academy of Health Science Educators
Research & Scholarship Committee
We are pleased to announce the Fall 2020 Academy of Health Science Educators (AHSE) call for proposals. We invite proposals requesting $3,000 or less, to support scholarship in health science education that leads to dissemination within a meaningful community of practice (local or beyond).
Educational Scholarship Defined
For the purposes of this grants program, we broadly define health science education as any inquiry designed to understand and/or improve education, learning and assessment. Illustrative examples:
- Evaluation of a novel teaching methodology, course, or mentoring program which leads to shareable ‘lessons learned’
- Validation and dissemination of educational assessment methods others could adopt and/or build upon
- Assessment of the impact that educational practices for students/trainees have on patient outcomes which can inform use of those practices elsewhere
- Demonstration of the feasibility of an innovative teaching modality (e.g., virtual reality)
- Applicants (principal and co-investigator) must be either a Member* or Fellow* of the Academy of Health Science Educators.
- If an AHSE Trainee* would like to submit a grant proposal, they must be a co-investigator with an AHSE Member or Fellow.
- *For information about becoming an AHSE Fellow, Member, or Trainee see https://medicine.utah.edu/faculty-dev/programs/academy-med-education/ and look under 'membership tab’ found on the left navigation bar.
- The proposed inquiry must ultimately benefit learners in a formal academic program (e.g. health science students, residents, fellows, faculty, etc.). Programs within the hospital or clinic meant for training staff members or patients are not eligible. Programs focused on design and/or implementation of curricula, assessments, teaching materials, etc. are not eligible. See https://medicine.utah.edu/faculty-dev/programs/academy-med-education/grants-research/recipients.php, for a list of funded projects
- Up to $3,000 for 1 year
- Preference given to interprofessional collaboration
- Commitment to present at the annual AHSE Education Symposium and/or submit for dissemination in the Journal of the Academy of Health Science Educators (JASHE).
Deadlines and Important Dates
Information session for individuals considering a grant submission Friday, September 18, 2020 2:00-3:00pm (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information)
Grant application deadline Wednesday, October 7, 2020 at 5pm MT
Grant application notifications sent by November 11, 2020
Funding starts January 1, 2021
For more information about the grants program and to apply:
- Go to http://utah.infoready4.com/CompetitionSpace/#homePage
- Search for “Academy of Health Science Educators Small Grants Program” or locate it in the Intramural funding section of the website. Your UNID and password are required to apply.
Please contact Sara Rose (email@example.com) with any questions.
For full Call and guidelines, please see attached document.