Academy of Health Science Educators
Research & Scholarship Committee
Small Grant Program
We are pleased to announce the 2018 Academy of Health Science Educators Call for Education Grant Proposals. These small grants ($3,000 or less), are designed to provide support scholarship in health science education that leads to dissemination.
For the purposes of this small grants program, health science education scholarship is broadly defined and might include (but is not limited to) any of the following areas:
- Evaluation of a novel teaching methodology, course, or mentoring program
- Development and validation of educational assessment methods
- Evaluation of interdisciplinary/interprofessional education
- Assessment of the impact that educational practices for students/trainees have on patient outcomes
- Applicants (principal and co-investigator) must be a University of Utah faculty member appointed to the career line or tenure line at the rank of instructor or above (adjunct and visiting faculty are not eligible).
- Applicants (principal and co-investigator) must be a Fellow or Member of the Academy of Health Science Educators.
- If an AHSE Trainee would like to submit a grant proposal, they must be a co-investigator with an AHSE Fellow or Member.
- Research grants awarded from the Academy should be used to study and benefit learners in a formal academic program (e.g. health science students, residents, fellows, faculty, etc.). Educational programs within the hospital or clinic meant for training staff members or patients are not eligible.
- Up to $3,000 for one year
- Preference given to interprofessional collaboration
- Awardees expected to present at the annual AHSE Education Symposium
Deadlines and Important Dates
- Grant application deadline Friday, March 2, 2018, 5pm MT
- Grant application notifications sent by Monday, April 9, 2018
- Funding starts upon IRB approval but no later than June 30, 2018
For more information about the small grants program and to apply:
- Go to http://utah.infoready4.com/CompetitionSpace/#homePage
- Search for “Academy of Health Science Educators Small Grants Program” or locate it in the Intramural funding section of the website. Your UNID and password are required to apply.