Career, Leadership, and Research Development Opportunities
While in the program, VPCAT strongly encourages scholars to take advantage of multiple career, leadership, and research developmental opportunities. By taking advantage of the following unique opportunities, scholars are better prepared to transition to independence.
All VPCAT supported resources and instructions on how to begin utilizing them are located in the VPCAT Scholar Handbook. In addition, below is a summary of available resources. Please contact us if you have further questions.
- Methodological and data analytic support through the Utah Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI) Population Health Research (PHR) Foundation
- Course offerings through the Utah CTSI Workforce Development (WD) Foundation's Master of Science in Clinical Investigation (MSCI) Program
- Grant Writing Portal (see here)
- VPCAT travel stipend for up to 2 scholars to attend the Association for Clinical and Translational Science (ACTS) annual Translational Science national conference (see stipend opportunity details here)
- Utah CTSI annual Translational Research Trainee Symposium (see here)
- Utah CTSI WD Foundation's K-Club (see here)
- Utah CTSI Peer Grant Review (PGR) Program
- Clinical Research and Methods (CRAM) Lunch and Seminars
- Dr. Charles James Nabors, PhD Conference Series: Patient Voice (see here)
- VPR Research Education (REd) Courses
- University of Utah Office for Faculty Development's Leadership Programs (see here)