Pre-Award and Grant Management Mentorship
Led by the VPCAT Research Manager, the Pre-Award and Grant Management Mentorship program component increases VPCAT's capacity to mentor alumni and current VPCAT scholars through both the pre- and post-award processes.
The goal is to provide 'Staff' mentorship, an essential component of the Matrix Mentoring Model, to ensure scholars gain hands-on experience and senior guidance to improve their ability to submit and manage a grant successfully.
The VPCAT Research Manager provides mentorship, guidance, and training through five key capacities:
- Grant Editor and/or Formatter (see here)
- Initial Grant Submission Consultant (see here)
- Program Data and Tracking Lead (see here)
- Research Education, Mentorship, and Training Lead
- Information and Resources Facilitator
VPCAT scholars who fully utilize the Pre-Award and Grant Management Mentorship opportunities are better prepared to excel as independent principal investigators.