Grant Editing Opportunity
The VPCAT Grant Editing and/or Formatting Review opportunity offers both alumni and current scholars:
- Up to 1-2 days (8-16 hours) dedicated review time from a senior research manager with over 20 years’ experience reviewing, editing, and submitting multiple grant applications from a diverse range of agencies and foundations.
- Feedback on continuity, readability, and thematic presentation of application’s structure.
- Contextual tips and tricks to enhance grantsmanship in real-time.
Investigators who incorporate rigorous grant review prior to the submission of a proposal are more likely to:
- Understand what and how to address questions and concerns of the agency prior to submission.
- Enhance the quality of their research proposals.
- Understand the grant writing process and requirements.
- Take part in cultivating a collegial and collaborative culture.
The following VPCAT Grant Editing and/or Formatting Review opportunity schedule parallels the National Institutes of Health (NIH) standard due dates. Keep in mind that a] reservations are based on a first come first serve basis and b] during high demand cycles, priority is given to current scholars.
Upon receipt of an email announcing the cycle is open for reservation, a scholar must complete these 4 steps:
- Click on the listed doodle poll to review available dates.
- Current scholars select up to 2 days [a day equates to 8 hours of time] that align with submission timeline and alumni scholars select up to 1 day.
- Complete the VPCAT Grant Editing and/or Formatting Review Reservation Form.
- Email reservation form to the VPCAT Research Manager, Ms. Erin Wachs, and department pre-award staff by the provided deadline. Ms. Wachs’ will email you a confirmation email containing further instructions.
The outcomes of a VPCAT Grant Editing and/or Formatting Review is a stronger proposal that:
- Incorporates thorough and impartial feedback.
- Effectively presents content in a well-formatted and organized fashion.
- Meets the agency’s criteria and mission.
Email Ms. Erin Wachs your questions regarding the VPCAT Grant Editing and/or Formatting Review opportunity.