Kenneth M. Boucher, PhD
- Mathematical Modeling
- Statistical Consulting
- Grant Writing
- Departments: Family & Preventive Medicine - Adjunct Associate Professor, Internal Medicine - Research Associate Professor, Population Health Sciences - Adjunct Associate Professor
- Divisions: Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Public Health
- Cancer Center Programs: Cancer Control & Population Sciences
Academic Office Information
Huntsman Cancer Institute
2000 Circle of Hope, Room: 1710
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
Dr. Kenneth Boucher is Co-Director of the Cancer Biostatistics Shared Resource at Huntsman Cancer Institute at the University of Utah. He is a Research Associate Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine and Adjunct Associate Professor in the Department of Family and Preventive Medicine and the Department of Population Health Sciences. He has been at the University of Utah since 1990 and at the Huntsman Cancer Institute since 1996. He is a member of the Cancer Control and Population Sciences Program at HCI.
Dr. Boucher has numerous research interests in the fields of cancer biostatistics and mathematical modeling. These interests include clinical trials, analysis high throughput genomics, carcinogenesis modeling, and cancer epidemiology.
Cancer Biostatistics Shared Resource webpage: https://uofuhealth.utah.edu/huntsman/shared-resources/cancer-biostatistics/
|Doctoral Training||University of Michigan
|Graduate Training||University of Notre Dame
- Holowatyj AN, Haffa M, Lin T, Scherer D, Gigic B, Ose J, Warby CA, Himbert C, Abbenhardt-Martin C, Achaintre D, Boehm J, Boucher KM, Gicquiau A, Gsur A, Habermann N, Herpel E, Kauczor HU, Keski-Rahkonen P, Kloor M, von Knebel Doeberitz M, Kok DE, Nattenmller J, Schirmacher P, Schneider M, Schrotz-King P, Simon T, Ueland PM, Viskochil R, Weijenberg MP, Scalbert A, Ulrich A, Bowers LW, Hursting SD, Ulrich CM (2020). Multi-omics analysis reveals adipose-tumor crosstalk in colorectal cancer patients. (Epub ahead of print) Cancer Prev Res (Phila).
- Cowman S, Fuja DG, Liu XD, Tidwell RSS, Kandula N, Sirohi D, Agarwal AM, Emerson LL, Tripp SR, Mohlman JS, Stonhill M, Garcia G, Conley CJ, Olalde AA, Sargis T, Ramirez-Torres A, Karam JA, Wood CG, Sircar K, Tamboli P, Boucher KM, Maughan BL, Spike BT, Ho TH, Agarwal N, Jonasch E, Koh MY (2020). Macrophage HIF-1α is an independent prognostic indicator in kidney cancer. (Epub ahead of print) Clin Cancer Res.
- Rahman H, Kumar D, Liu T, Okwundu N, Lum D, Florell SR, Burd CE, Boucher KM, VanBrocklin MW, Grossman D (2020). Aspirin protects melanocytes and keratinocytes against UVB-induced DNA damage in vivo. (Epub ahead of print) J Invest Dermatol.
- Cohen AL, Anker CJ, Johnson B, Burt LM, Shrieve DC, Salzman K, Jensen R, Boucher K, Colman H (2020). Repeat radiation with bevacizumab and minocycline in bevacizumab-refractory high grade gliomas: a prospective phase 1 trial. (Epub ahead of print) J Neurooncol.
- Li C, Liu T, Tavtigian SV, Boucher K, Kohlmann W, Cannon-Albright L, Grossman D (2019). Targeted germline sequencing of patients with three or more primary melanomas reveals high rate of pathogenic variants. Melanoma Res, 30(3), 247-251.
- Flint ND, Bishop MD, Smart TC, Strunck JL, Boucher KM, Grossman D, Secrest AM (2020). Low accuracy of self-reported family history of melanoma in high-risk patients. (Epub ahead of print) Fam Cancer.
- Agarwal N, Nussenzveig R, Hahn AW, Hoffman JM, Morton K, Gupta S, Batten J, Thorley J, Hawks J, Santos VS, Nachaegari G, Wang X, Boucher K, Haaland B, Maughan BL (2020). Prospective Evaluation of Bone Metabolic Markers as Surrogate Markers of Response to Radium-223 Therapy in Metastatic Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer. Clin Cancer Res, 26(9), 2104-2110.
- Drost M, Tiersma Y, Glubb D, Kathe S, van Hees S, Callja F, Zonneveld JBM, Boucher KM, Ramlal RPE, Thompson BA, Rasmussen LJ, Greenblatt MS, Lee A, Spurdle AB, Tavtigian SV, de Wind N (2020). Two integrated and highly predictive functional analysis-based procedures for the classification of MSH6 variants in Lynch syndrome. Genet Med, 22(5), 847-856.
- Strunck JL, Smart TC, Boucher KM, Secrest AM, Grossman D (2020). Improved melanoma outcomes and survival in patients monitored by total body photography: A natural experiment. J Dermatol, 47(4), 342-347.
- Varedi A, Rahman H, Kumar D, Catrow JL, Cox JE, Liu T, Florell SR, Boucher KM, Okwundu N, Burnett WJ, VanBrocklin MW, Grossman D (2020). ASA Suppresses PGE2 in Plasma and Melanocytic Nevi of Human Subjects at Increased Risk for Melanoma. Pharmaceuticals (Basel), 13(1).
- Wu YP, Boucher K, Hu N, Hay J, Kohlmann W, Aspinwall LG, Bowen DJ, Parsons BG, Nagelhout ES, Grossman D, Mooney K, Leachman SA, Tercyak KP (2019). A pilot study of a telehealth family-focused melanoma preventive intervention for children with a family history of melanoma. Psychooncology, 29(1), 148-155.
- Kohli DR, Smith KR, Wong J, Yu Z, Boucher K, Faigel DO, Pannala R, Burt RW, Curtin K, Samadder NJ (2019). Familial pancreatic cancer risk: a population-based study in Utah. J Gastroenterol, 54(12), 1106-1112.
- Kanth P, Boylan KE, Bronner MP, Boucher KM, Hazel MW, Yao R, Pop S, Bernard PS, Delker DA (2019). Molecular Biomarkers of Sessile Serrated Adenoma/Polyps. Clin Transl Gastroenterol, 10(12), e00104.
- Kircher DA, Trombetti KA, Silvis MR, Parkman GL, Fischer GM, Angel SN, Stehn CM, Strain SC, Grossmann AH, Duffy KL, Boucher KM, McMahon M, Davies MA, Mendoza MC, VanBrocklin MW, Holmen SL (2019). AKT1E17K Activates Focal Adhesion Kinase and Promotes Melanoma Brain Metastasis. Mol Cancer Res, 17(9), 1787-1800.
- Chalmers AW, Patel S, Boucher K, Cannon L, Esplin M, Luckart J, Graves N, Van Duren T, Akerley W (2019). Phase I Trial of Targeted EGFR or ALK Therapy with Ipilimumab in Metastatic NSCLC with Long-Term Follow-Up. Target Oncol, 14(4), 417-421.
- Weldon Gilcrease G, Stenehjem DD, Wade ML, Weis J, McGregor K, Whisenant J, Boucher KM, Thorne K, Orgain N, Garrido-Laguna I, Sharma S (2018). Phase I/II study of everolimus combined with mFOLFOX-6 and bevacizumab for first-line treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer. Invest New Drugs, 37(3), 482-489.
- Pulsipher MA, Wall DA, Grimley M, Goyal RK, Boucher KM, Hankins P, Grupp SA, Bunin N (2009). A phase I/II study of the safety and efficacy of the addition of sirolimus to tacrolimus/methotrexate graft versus host disease prophylaxis after allogeneic haematopoietic cell transplantation in paediatric acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (ALL). Br J Haematol, 147(5), 691-9.
- Yakovlev AY, Tsodikov AD, Boucher K, Kerber R (1999). The shape of the hazard function in breast carcinoma: curability of the disease revisited. Cancer, 85(8), 1789-98.
- Yakovlev A, Boucher K, DiSario J (1999). Modeling insight into spontaneous regression of tumors. Math BioSci, 155(1), 45-60.
- Varedi A, Bishop MD, Boucher KM, Kim CC, Grossman D (2019). Powering a prospective melanoma chemoprevention trial in high-risk cohorts. [Letter to the editor]. Int J Dermatol, 58(11), e232-e234.
- Szabo A, Boucher K, Jones D, L. Klebanov Tsodikov A, Yakovlev A (2002). Methods for identifying large subsets of differentially expressed genes based on multivariate microarray data.
- Szabo A, . Yakovlev A, Boucher K, Tsodikov A, Jones D, Klebanov L (2001). Methods for identifying differentially expressed genes by multivariate analysis of microarray data.